Once again we visit an Asian classic Cashew Chicken. This is an Asian inspired dish from Leongs Tea House in Springfield Missouri has been raved about from all over the globe. So lets see how its done.
Boneless chicken breasts which are breaded and deep friend to a golden brown, and topped with cashew nuts and a soy based sauce. This can be accomplished easily using our Maxsonic Air Fryer for a healthy fried version. Our Westinghouse Cookware is also very good for deep frying and making sauces of all kinds.
Follow the recipe below for the great taste of cashew chicken
- 3 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup - Flour
- 3 - Eggs
- 1 Cup - Milk
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups - Cashews
- 4 - Green onion tops (chopped)
- 15 oz - Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 TBS - Oyster Sauce
- 2 TBS - Soy Sauce
- 2 TBS - Cold Water
- 2 TBS - Corn Starch
- In a large bowl combine eggs and milk, mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt, mix.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then into flour mixture shaking off excess flour.
- Once all of the pieces are coated place the chicken into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat add chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, mix and brink to a boil.
- In a small cup mix cornstarch and water together, stir into the chicken broth until thickened and removed from heat and keep warm.
- Fry the chicken pieces in 350º peanut oil for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack.
- Place chicken pieces on a plate, pour the hot gravy over the pieces, top with cashews and green onions. Serve with fried rice and an egg roll.
Recipe From MasterCook