Adapted from DamnDelicious
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In Lagostina Pastaiola or large stock pot over medium high heat, combine fettuccine, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, Parmesan and butter until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- If needed, list strainer pot to remove pasta and solid ingredients, reduce stock further. To create a rich creamy sauce, add heavy cream.
- Serve immediately.